This is a ShoutWiki help page, hosted at ShoutWiki Hub. If you want to suggest changes, leave a message on its talk page. If you want to replace this page with a custom help page for your wiki, click the create button above.
You can embed YouTube videos to any ShoutWiki-hosted wiki. The videos can add a lot to an article, and make it more appealing and informative for readers.
Adding a video
To add a video (like the one shown on the right side of this page), type in the following wiki markup into the article that you want the video to be displayed on:
<youtube>ID of the video here</youtube>
You can find the ID of the video by going into the YouTube page of it. An example URL for a YouTube video might be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozC8yFrZKI - the part after
v= is the ID.
Other supported video services
The YouTube extension allows also to embed videos from these services:
- Google Video — use the <gvideo> tag
- Archive.org audio — use the <aoaudio> tag
- Archive.org video — use the <aovideo> tag
- WeGame — use the <wegame> tag
- Tangler forum — use the <tangler> tag
- Gametrailers — use the <gtrailer> tag
- Nicovideo — use the <nicovideo> tag
- GoGreenTube — use the <ggtube> tag